Winged Disc Technologies QuickBooks Consulting Services
QuickBooks Custom Integrations and Systems Integration
Beyond the products described on our Services page, Winged Disc Technologies performs professional services in the following areas.
Accounting System Implementations
When a business migrates to a new accounting system (usually QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions) – Winged Disc Technologies manages and performs the implementation project using a controlled process developed through years of experience. We rigorously insure that all aspects of the project are carefully planned and executed on a timeline that will result in as little amount of down time as possible.
Winged Disc Technologies carefully designs the features of the new system to meet the needs of the business. We incorporate add-on products and custom integrations to solve for unique business requirements.
The new system users are thoroughly trained by Winged Disc Technologies and are then supported going forward.
Accounting System Migrations
Winged Disc Technologies has successfully migrated users to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions from a variety of other accounting programs, including Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sage MAS 90/200, Epicor Visa, and even SAP.
- Business services;
- Inventory-intensive operations, including wholesale distributors and manufacturers.
Businesses that have been migrated by Winged Disc Technologies span a variety of industries; including construction and services. We work extensively in inventory-intensive operations such as wholesale distributors and manufacturers.
Server, Network and PC Recommendations for Best QuickBooks Use
Many implementations include Winged Disc Technologies providing advice and sourcing for new or replacement servers, desktop computers, and network components. Since Inuit supports QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions as a Remote Desktop Server application, Winged Disc Technologies has performed implementations to address the client’s need for remote workers.
We also recommend replacement options for aging desktop computers that do not have the necessary resources to run QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions locally.
QuickBooks Point of Sale for Retail – Single and Multiple Store Configurations.
In addition to full accounting system implementations Winged Disc Technologies performs implementations of QuickBooks Point of Sale for retail businesses in single and multiple store configurations. Typically these projects involve POS hardware (cash drawers, bar code readers, etc.) and retail hardened PCs together with the POS software provided as a turn-key engagement consisting of set-up and testing, installation, and training for the users. In many cases the POS software is integrated to QuickBooks as the back office accounting component for a complete accounting solution for the retailer.
Custom Systems Integration
Many businesses to have needs so specific and unique that no packaged accounting solution like QuickBooks can be tweaked, or “worked around,” enough to be sufficient. Winged Disc has many years of experience carefully listening to then be able to see solutions that can be built (primarily using Microsoft Access and QODBC) to handle these special needs. Winged Disc creates “Apps” for relatively small, single purpose, integrations, or full blown Applications to handle more elaborate requirements.
Similar to the custom systems integration described above, reports are needed that cannot be produced using built in reports; or the report customizing features in QuickBooks.
Winged Disc Technologies builds custom reports using Microsoft Access and SAP Crystal Reports by accessing the underlying data with the QODBC driver or the QQube data extraction tool.
Custom Systems Integration and Reporting Projects
A few examples of the custom systems integration and reporting projects Winged Disc Technologies has successfully completed include:
- Microsoft Access report of sales from QuickBooks by sales rep, by customer, by product showing pounds and dollars sold for the current month versus the prior year same month and current year-to-date versus prior year year-to-date with the percentage change in dollars and pounds.
- Microsoft Access application to handle a C.O.D. check factoring process by using data from another system to record in QuickBooks payables to the vendors, receivables from the debtors, and fees earned, producing batching processing reports and monthly vendor summary reports, and much more.
- Microsoft Access application to handle a consumer products distributor’s shipping process by joining together invoicing information with external product data (weights and dimensions), splitting apart invoice lines with quantities greater than one so that separate shipping data can be tracked for each piece, transferring the information to the FedEx Shipping Manger application, and then writing the tracking numbers back onto the related invoice in QuickBooks.
- SAP Crystal Report together with a Microsoft Access app to first gather invoice data from QuickBooks then combine it with invoice data from the client’s prior systems (Sage MAS 200) and ultimately produce a report by sale rep of the last (most recent by date) sale made for each customer together with current and prior year-to-date sales per customer.
- Microsoft Access app to handle a church’s tithe/giving reporting to members that brings together invoices for annual tithe amounts, payments received on the tithes, and sales receipts representing offering plate and other miscellaneous contributions all on a single statement.
- Microsoft Access app to handle a clothing distributor’s sales commission calculations by generating a report reflecting only fully collected sales of specific items and allowing for commission rates to be set individually for the sales rep.
- Microsoft Access application to handle a family office’s accounting and investment holdings management by tracking over 100 entities (people, limited partnerships, corporations, trusts, etc.), the investments that they might hold, and the combinations of an entity with an investment held (making a unique “holding”), recording cost basis and fair market values of the holdings, posting journal entries into QuickBooks® to reflect mark-to-market accounting, producing holdings reports, customized stand-alone and consolidated financial statement, and much more.