QuickBooks Point of Sale
QuickBooks: reliable, robust, recognized — a trusted brand for your business.
With QuickBooks Point of Sale, you’re getting the quality and support of the QuickBooks brand with every transaction.
Contact Winged Disc Technologies to find out more about QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Ring Up Sales Quickly and Easily
• New! Simple Sales Receipt View. Sales associates can learn to make sales in seconds with QuickBooks Point of Sale’s simple interface. The clean look doesn’t have a lot of distracting extra options, and the large buttons and easy scroll options make it great for a touch screen.
• New! PIN Pad with Signature Capture. Improve security and save time by allowing customers to sign for a credit card transaction directly on the PIN pad. An electronic copy of the signature is recorded for later retrieval in case of contested charges, and the retailer can enjoy improved security and reduced paper clutter.
• Easy Inventory Management automatically tracks and adjusts inventory every time a sale or return is made. Key features include:
• Improved! Tax Summary & Reporting. The improved sales tax summary and detailed reports make it easier for retailers to see how much is owed to each tax agency and how to reconcile that amount against sales history.
• Item Pictures. Merchants can easily upload item pictures directly into QuickBooks Point of Sale. Pictures can also be easily uploaded to a company’s Web site with the Easy Export feature or used as a reminder when ordering. Pictures can also help prevent loss by catching price tag switching.
• On-hand Inventory. QuickBooks Point of Sale users can easily see whether inventory is available for sale or already committed to a customer. Closing out a past month can be difficult if a retailer doesn’t know the exact quantities of inventory it has on hand, but the Inventory Valuation report makes it simple to pull up inventory data for any given date.
• New! Inventory Turn Statistics. With Point of Sale you now have insight into how quickly you sell through items with the new Inventory Turn Statistics, a commonly used retail statistic that measures the performance of an item and refers to how often an item “turns over.” (Available in Point of Sale Pro versions only.)
• Improved! Suggested Reorder Quantities helps ensure that inventory is always on hand and gives you options for exactly how to set reorder quantities in QuickBooks Point of Sale. Retailers can set reorder quantities manually, reorder quantities to the reorder point, plus add some additional quantity or choose how many days of supply to have in stock. From there, Point of Sale is able to automatically generate POs based on how the reorder quantities have been set. (Available in Point of Sale Pro only.)
• Track layaways and sales orders. Customers can pay for big-ticket items over time, tracking their incremental payments. Additionally, retailers can create sales orders to track orders that aren’t yet paid for, such as backorders or special orders, without impacting the books. (Available in Point of Sale Pro versions only.)
• Automate inventory tracking by scanning barcodes. Barcodes can be scanned in batches with the optional Physical Inventory Scanner. This handheld, battery-operated scanner goes wherever merchandise is kept – even off-site. Once back in its cradle, the scanner updates Point of Sale inventory records instantly. For items without barcodes, barcode labels can be printed easily right from the software. (Available in Point of Sale Pro only.)
• Create and e-mail purchase orders automatically directly from Point of Sale – no need for printing, faxing, mailing or waiting. (Available in Point of Sale Pro versions only.)