QuickBooks Point of Sale New Features and Enhancements
Easy to get started. Retailers can get up and running quickly by answering a few questions with the simple Setup Wizard. Interactive video tutorials walk retailers and their employees through how to complete everyday tasks.
Attract New Customers and Offer Great Service
• New! Web store. Now it’s easier than ever for retailers to expand their store to reach customers online. The new Intuit Storefront for QuickBooks Point of Sale service provides retailers with everything they need to start selling online – from designing and hosting their web store, to managing all inventory, to attracting customers, all in one place. It syncs seamlessly with the QuickBooks Point of Sale 8.0 software.
• Personalized Customer Service. QuickBooks Point of Sale displays each customer’s purchase history as their sale is rung up, allowing retailers to suggest additional purchases based on past preferences. Additional features enable retailers to:
–– Track customer information that matters. By recording information, such as e-mail and shipping address, retailers can alert their customers to upcoming sales and other events.
–– Easily communicate with customers. QuickBooks Point of Sale integrates with Microsoft Word so retailers can quickly generate letters to their customers and vendors.1 The feature automatically creates letters (from standard and custom templates) that are tied to customer orders, former receipts, purchase orders, vendors and more. Retailers can also send letters to a set of customers, such as best customers or those who have ordered over a certain amount.
• Gift Card Service. Retailers can increase their sales and boost customer loyalty with the QuickBooks Point of Sale Gift Card Service. The service is completely integrated into the software so that when a customer uses his or her gift card, each transaction automatically appears in reports. (This is an optional fee-based service for all QuickBooks Point of Sale customers. Details available at www.quickbooks.com/posmerchant.)
Ring Up Sales Quickly and Easily
• New! Simple Sales Receipt View. Sales associates can learn to make sales in seconds with QuickBooks Point of Sale’s simple interface. The clean look doesn’t have a lot of distracting extra options, and the large buttons and easy scroll options make it great for a touch screen.
• New! PIN Pad with Signature Capture. Improve security and save time by allowing customers to sign for a credit card transaction directly on the PIN pad. An electronic copy of the signature is recorded for later retrieval in case of contested charges, and the retailer can enjoy improved security and reduced paper clutter.
• Easy Inventory Management automatically tracks and adjusts inventory every time a sale or return is made. Key features include:
• Improved! Tax Summary & Reporting. The improved sales tax summary and detailed reports make it easier for retailers to see how much is owed to each tax agency and how to reconcile that amount against sales history.
• Item Pictures. Merchants can easily upload item pictures directly into QuickBooks Point of Sale. Pictures can also be easily uploaded to a company’s Web site with the Easy Export feature or used as a reminder when ordering. Pictures can also help prevent loss by catching price tag switching.
• On-hand Inventory. QuickBooks Point of Sale users can easily see whether inventory is available for sale or already committed to a customer. Closing out a past month can be difficult if a retailer doesn’t know the exact quantities of inventory it has on hand, but the Inventory Valuation report makes it simple to pull up inventory data for any given date.
• New! Inventory Turn Statistics. With Point of Sale you now have insight into how quickly you sell through items with the new Inventory Turn Statistics, a commonly used retail statistic that measures the performance of an item and refers to how often an item “turns over.” (Available in Point of Sale Pro versions only.)
• Improved! Suggested Reorder Quantities helps ensure that inventory is always on hand and gives you options for exactly how to set reorder quantities in QuickBooks Point of Sale. Retailers can set reorder quantities manually, reorder quantities to the reorder point, plus add some additional quantity or choose how many days of supply to have in stock. From there, Point of Sale is able to automatically generate POs based on how the reorder quantities have been set. (Available in Point of Sale Pro only.)
• Track layaways and sales orders. Customers can pay for big-ticket items over time, tracking their incremental payments. Additionally, retailers can create sales orders to track orders that aren’t yet paid for, such as backorders or special orders, without impacting the books. (Available in Point of Sale Pro versions only.)
• Automate inventory tracking by scanning barcodes. Barcodes can be scanned in batches with the optional Physical Inventory Scanner. This handheld, battery-operated scanner goes wherever merchandise is kept – even off-site. Once back in its cradle, the scanner updates Point of Sale inventory records instantly. For items without barcodes, barcode labels can be printed easily right from the software. (Available in Point of Sale Pro only.)
• Create and e-mail purchase orders automatically directly from Point of Sale – no need for printing, faxing, mailing or waiting. (Available in Point of Sale Pro versions only.)
Manage Up to 20 Stores from One Location
• New! Retailers can now manage up to 20 stores from one location and see from a glance how each store – and the whole chain – is doing. QuickBooks Point of Sale Pro Multi-Store gives retailers the capacity to have up to 20 workstations in 20 different stores. With room for expansion, small retailers can envision, plan and manage their growth, and won’t grow out of their system.